Sunday, July 30, 2006

The reward for writing

If you're an author... you know this feeling. You write. You write. You write. And when it's all ready you wonder if you'll connect with anyone. When a stranger writes, it can feel like a miracle. Good energy for getting up in the morning and continuing to spread word about your book. Thanks for this note...

Dear Lars, I received your book . . . what a powerful work of the Holy Spirit! How blessed we all are that you heeded Her prompting to make the trip and to tell the story--that is the only way I can describe it. I could not put it down until I finished it. My partner Brian is reading it now.

The way you share the stories of the people you encountered on your journey came alive even more so as you shared YOUR story. You are a blessing. Thank you so much for taking the risk of sharing so much of yourself with the rest of us.

My life as a gay man has not always been easy, but since living my life out of the closet I do understand "the peace that passes all understanding." Jake Reitan said it perfectly when he told you,"Allies listen, and allies believe the stories they hear." Lars, thank you for listening, and thank you for believing. You and your family are, and will continue to be in my prayers.

And you are in my prayers,
Blessings for the day,
Lars

No comments: