Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Foreword by Jody Huckaby, Executive Director of PFLAG


On Sharing the Foreword by Jody Huckaby.

As I prepare to send this message out, my insides scream out, "Don't toot your own horn!"

"If a good word needs to be said about you, let someone else say it for you." That's my internal conscience.

Stepping out comes with uncertainty and mistakes. Not stepping out means to miss the journey. Jody Huckaby wrote after reading STRAIGHT INTO GAY AMERICA, "Yours is a story that must be told—it’s difficult to express how your manuscript has provided me with a renewed sense of my own purpose, and that of PFLAG."

So, against the screaming insides, I take another step and push forward a bit more with Straight Into Gay America. As good friends keep reminding me, "coming out is a lifelong journey."

To see the foreword: http://www.straightintogayamerica.com/281.html

To receive the STRAIGHT INTO GAY AMERICA NEWSLETTER: http://www.straightintogayamerica.com/index.php?page_id=12

No comments: